The traditional, family-run Hotel Goldener Ochs offers a central location in the imperial town of Bad Ischl, spacious and comfortable rooms, a wonderful spa area and romantic views over the Traun River.
Opened in 1791, the hotel has hosted many famous personalities, including the composer Franz Léhar, who used to dine in the hotel restaurant “Léhar-Stuben”, which is famous for its excellent cuisine.
The new spa area features massages (at an additional cost), Kneipp baths, a sauna and a fitness studio, as well as Austria’s only salt graduator and a relaxation room with a magnificent view of the Esplanade.
The Hotel Goldener Ochs Hotel is the ideal choice for a relaxing holiday in Bad Ischl, as well as a perfect starting point for visiting the many sights of the Salzkammergut region.
Bad Ischl's most important attractions:
* The Imperial Villa Bad Ischl's most famous summer visitor, the Emperor Franz Josef, spent around sixty summers in a Biedermeier villa situated in enormous grounds.
* The Photographic Museum / the Marble Manor The marble manor was once Empress Elisabeth's teahouse and today houses the photographic museum of the province of Upper Austria
* The Motor, Technology and Air Transport Museum The museum contains historic motorbikes, cars, helicopters and even planes
* The Franz Lehar Villa The operetta maestro composed 24 of his 30 operettas here
* The Assembly Rooms, Bad Ischl The elegant ballroom, which once hosted lavish parties
* Zauner's Pastry Shop The most famous coffee house in Bad Ischl. The specialities are Zauner croissants, Zauner fruitcake, Zauner wafers and Zauner Guglhupf (ring cake)
Everything you need All rooms have a double bed, writing desk, lounge corner, telephone, sat TV and spacious bathroom (some with separate WC). We also make every effort to fulfil your individual requirements. We are happy to provide half-board, a third bed for adults, children's beds or a double room for one.